Full Time Enrollment Requirement
To be eligible for practice, competition, and financial aid, you must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters. If you need fewer than 12 credit hours to graduate, you may enroll in only these final hours and still be eligible for practice, competition, and financial.
Progress Toward Degree Requirements
To maintain your eligibility, you must:
1) Complete 24 credits in the prior two semesters or complete an average of 12 credits per term of attendance in college;
2) Earn at least 18 semester credits (75% of the 24 total credits required) during the academic year (excluding summer);
3) Earn six academic credits in the previous regular academic term of full-time enrollment;
4) Declare a major no later than the beginning of your fifth semester or third year of enrollment and, thereafter, complete the required credits in courses applicable to your declared major;
5) Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average that is 90% of the minimum GPA required to graduate (at least 1.8, 24-47 credit hours), 95% of the minimum GPA (1.9, 48-71 credit hours), and 100% of the minimum GPA (2.0, 72 credit hours and above).
Good Academic Standing
Per Lake Erie College standards, all student-athletes must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Once a student-athlete falls below a 2.0 cumulative GPA, the student-athlete will be placed on academic probation and will not be eligible to compete in athletics during that semester.