MASON, Ohio- The Lake Erie Storm baseball team is headed to Mason, Ohio, tomorrow for the 2019 Great Midwest Athletic Conference Baseball Tournament hosted by Prasco Park.
The Storm finished the regular season with a record of 27-20 and a conference record of 19-11, securing a fourth-place finish in the G-MAC. It will be the first time Storm baseball has appeared at the G-MAC tournament in program history, and the first time in five years that a Lake Erie baseball squad has made the postseason.
The tournament will start Wednesday May, 8 and conclude on Saturday, May 11, and is double-elimination format, meaning a team falling into the loser's bracket after their first loss can still win the tournament provided they win seven additional games. The 2019 G-MAC Awards Banquet for the teams will take place on Tuesday evening.
Admission to Prasco Park, as well as concessions, are free of charge. Additionally, merchandise will be for sale and there will be activities for fans such as an inflatable obstacle course, wiffle ball, and a Park Art Tent. The Prasco Park Code of Conduct is as follows:
- As part of the Prasco campus, Prasco Park is a tobacco and alcohol free facility.
- Guests will enjoy the park free from profane or abusive language and obscene gestures.
- Obscene or indecent clothing will not detract from guests' experience.
- Intervention with an unruly, impaired, or intoxicated guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- The progress of the game will not be disrupted by guests' actions or by unauthorized persons on the playing field. All trespassers on the field will be aggressively prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Guests will refrain from displays of affection not appropriate in a public, family setting.
- Children will be supervised by responsible adults at all times.
- Pets will not be permitted on the premises.
The Storm's first pitch of G-MAC tournament ball is set for Wednesday, May 8 at 3:30pm on Field 2 against the Kentucky Wesleyan College Panthers. The Storm split the series with the Panthers, winning two games on March, 17 with final scores of 8-6 and 9-7, and losing two games the following day with final scores of 3-0 and 10-1. To read what happened in those games, click the scores.
If Lake Erie wins their opening game of the Tournament on Wednesday, they will advance and play the winner of Alderson Broaddus and Malone on Thursday at 2:30pm on Field 1. If they lose, they will play the loser of the AB vs. Malone game on Thursday at 11:00 am on Field 1. For the composite schedule for the 2019 G-MAC Tournament, click here.
All games of the 2019 G-MAC Tournament will be streamed on the Great Midwest Digital Network via links on LakeErieStorm.Com. For more coverage of the tournament, follow the Storm on LakeErieStorm on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and Lake Erie Baseball at LakeErieBase on Twitter.