Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer
Lake Erie

Storm Falls to 2nd Ranked Limestone

Storm Falls to 2nd Ranked Limestone

GAFFNEY, S.C. – The 17th ranked Lake Erie College men's lacrosse team was in action today as they were defeated by second ranked Limestone, 19-10. 

The Storm jumped out to an early lead as they won the opening faceoff and Austin Bishop (Hamburg, N.Y. / Hamburg) put the Storm up 1-0 as he scored an unassisted goal.  After the Storm held the Saints scoreless for eight minutes Limestone tied the game with a goal with just over seven minutes remaining in the quarter.  The Saints scored a second straight goal and took a 2-1 lead.  Limestone then tacked on a third straight goal late in the first quarter.  Lake Erie responded when Connor Ward (Clarkston, Mich. / Clarkston) found the back of the net with 30 seconds remaining in the quarter, and the Storm entered the second quarter behind 3-2.

The second quarter started with four minutes of scoreless action before Limestone added a goal and took a 4-2 advantage.  About a minute later the Storm responded when Nicholas Tschetter (Hilton, N.Y. / Aquanis Institute) scored an unassisted goal to make the score 4-3.  The Saints quickly regained a two goal lead with a goal less then twenty seconds later.  The Storm kept the game a one goal game as Edmond Renaud (Carlisle, Ont. / Waterdown District / Pfeiffer) scored off a feed from Mitchell Stokes (New Westminster, B.C. / New Westminster Secondary).  The Saints tacked on three straight goals in the middle of the second quarter and had an 8-4 lead with just under four minutes remaining in the half.  The Storm halted the Saints run when Stokes found the back of the net to cut the Saints lead to 8-5.  The Storm cut into the lead with a goal with eight seconds remaining in the half when Brandon Donohue (South Buffalo, N.Y. / Bishop Timon St. Jude) scored a man up goal off an assist by Bishop. 

At the half the Storm was led by Stokes as he had a goal, an assist, a groundball, and a caused turnover.    

Limestone opened the third quarter with a pair of goals and took a 11-6 advantage.  The Storm cut the lead to 11-7 when Ward scored his second goal off an assist by Renaud.  Lake Erie scored a second consecutive goal when Renaud found the back of the net to make the score 11-8 with just over four minutes left in the third.  The Saints responded with three straight goals and took a 14-8 lead into the fourth quarter. 

The fourth quarter opened as the teams traded goals, as Bishop scored his second goal of the game for the Storm, but Limestone led, 15-9.  The Storm netted a second consecutive goal as Stokes scored his second of the season and cut the Saints lead to 15-10.  Limestone ended the game on a 4-0 run and won, 19-10. 

The Storm was led by Bishop as he had a pair of goals, an assist, and three groundballs.  Ward pitched in with two goals and two groundballs.  Stokes added two goal, an assist, two groundballs, and a caused turnover.        

Lake Erie will return to the field Tuesday (March 21) when they open conference play on the road against Ohio Valley.