Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer
Lake Erie

Storm Drops G-MAC Semifinal to Seton Hill

Storm Drops G-MAC Semifinal to Seton Hill

ERIE, Pa. – The Lake Erie College men's lacrosse team was in action today (May 4) as they were defeated by 11th ranked Seton Hill, 17-6 in the semifinals of the G-MAC playoffs.

The Griffins opened the scoring in the first quarter as they scored the first two goals of the game.  The Storm responded about a minute and a half later and cut the Griffins lead to 2-1 when Austin Bishop (Hamburg, N.Y. / Hamburg) found the back of the net.  Lake Erie added a second straight goal and tied the game when Tim Bay (Canadaigua, N.Y. / Canadaigua Academy) scored with just over three minutes remaining in the first quarter.  The teams entered the second quarter tied at 2 goals apiece.

After nearly five minutes of scoreless action to open the second quarter the Storm took their first lead of the game when T. Bay found the back of the net off a feed from Brandon Donohue (South Buffalo, N.Y. / Bishop Timon St. Jude) to give the Storm a 3-2 advantage.  Two minutes later Seton Hill responded to tie the game at 3-3.  Lake Erie responded 23 seconds later to regain the lead when Mack Fall (Morgantown, W. Va. / University) scored for the Storm with just over eight minutes remaining in the half.  The Griffins responded with three straight goals to take a 6-4 lead with just over three minutes remaining in the half.  The Storm entered the intermission behind, 6-4. 

Seton Hill opened the second half scoring with a pair of goals to take an 8-4 lead.  The Storm responded a minute later when Donohue found the back of the net to make the score, 8-5 in favor of Seton Hill.  The Griffins regained their four goal lead about a minute later and took a 9-5 edge. After four minutes of scoreless play the Griffins took an 11-5 advantage with back to back goals, and the Storm trailed 11-5 to enter the fourth quarter.

The Griffins scored five goals to start the fourth quarter before the Storm stopped the run when Mitchell Stokes (New Westminster, B.C. / New Westminster Secondary) found the back of the net with just under four minutes remaining in the game.  The Griffins added a late goal, and won the game 17-6.  

The Storm was led by T. Bay as he netted a pair of goals and picked up a groundball.  Donohue added a goal, and assist and seven groundballs in the game for the Storm.